Why join SD? The more people join, the stronger we are. Trust & community owned clubs are growing in influence, and a key part of that is through the ability to say that there are a multitude of organisations, working at different clubs with similar values, working to the same arrangements and pushing in the same direction, all under the umbrella of Supporters Direct.
What will Supporters Direct do for you as a member?
Supporters Direct will influence policy and campaign on your behalf to ensure change that promotes and encourages:
- Supporter representation
- Community ownership
- Spectator sports clubs that protect and enhance their social value
- Better regulation to help achieve the above aims
- Provide you with the tools you need to run an effective supporters’ trust & community owned club
The more organisations that join, the more we can negotiate deals for members which are better value than organisations acting alone can get. We can also commission specialist guidance on issues like director’s responsibilities, or the new Companies Act, and then make it available to trusts free of charge.
As a reminder by being a member you get access to all of this:
• Dedicated staff team with sport and divisional contacts
• Network meetings and groups relevant to you
• Free access to our dedicated legal support helpline with Gateley PLC
• Programme of regional training sessions and seminars to help you and your members develop their skills
• Ability to nominate candidates for our Councils and Board
• Voting rights to influence the direction of SD
• Ability to use a CRM system suited for Trusts and Clubs
• Discounted rates for SD events
• A weekly media brief and monthly members email
• Copies of our publications on request
• Discounted rates from our SD Club Development consultancy team of experts
• *From July 2017* Access for your Board Members and key volunteers to use our new online network platform to enhance networks, collaboration and to improve advice and support
• Finally all the benefits of increased profile and status of being part of the Supporters Direct movement